Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, January 31, 2008

No TV except For the Super Bowl

Okay, so everytime I go down and see my counsellor Joy, Jesus always has something to say and this time it was that I use Television as a distraction to either take my mind off of what I know I need to be doing, so to numb how I am feeling so I do not have to deal with it. So guess what? The television is gone, well not physically. I cannot just throw the TV out without talking to my husband, and oh there is the slight little fact that the TV is his parents. SO the TV is in the house. However I am not allowed to turn the TV on and during the day there is absoulutely no TV. I am a little sad about missing some of my favorite TV shows. However I know that the benefits will out weigh any pleasure I get out of the TV.

Now normally Jesus does not give me time lines. However this time He did. A month, if I could do this for a month I'd finally get over the mountain I feel as though I am trying to climb in counselling. So okay I will do this day by day, and hopefully I will last a month. I did ask Jesus about the Super Bowl though. I have been looking forward to this for a long time now. My fav team has a chance of going undefeated this year. Go Patriots! So since Sunday is my day of rest from all this healing homework, as long as Jeral or someone else turns on the tv I can watch. Yeah for that!

So what else is going on. Not to much. As I said above see Joy always brings up stuff, and I am thankful that she is walking this through with me as I sort this all out. I must say that the roads this time were crazy and I was not impressed with driving them. However I did choose to drive down there when I could hav cancelled the appointments and stayed home.

My sister has been coming up to visit while her husband is going to school here and staying with us. Let me just say that yes I do love my sister and YES I tend to go crazy when she is around. Only one more week though and then Jeral and I have our house back to ourselves. Yeah!!! As much as I enjoy sharing our house I also like having it to ourselves.

Well I am off to catch some sleep I hope. Blessings to all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's pretty amazing and you're right...the benefits will far outweigh anything! Jesus is calling you to this for a reason. Yay for breakthroughs and getting over mountains!!
Looking forward to the Superbowl with you guys...our NFL partners in crime!
I have to say though...GO GIANTS!!
Just to irk you! :)
Annette

Leanne said...

I so admire you Leanne. Hope you were still able to enjoy the Superbowl despite the outcome!