Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Quick Update

So this will be short since I am in between sessions at camp. Jeral and i had a great time on our little get away to Victoria last week. I love just getting away. It was also great to see family and friends on our way out there.

So here is the short version of what we did. Celebrated my birthday with Jeral's sister's family, since it was also our niece's birthday that day also. So fun !!! The next day we talked with Lisa about adoption, and the whole process. I know that a few blogs back I said that we were giving God a year to do what He needs to do in both of our lives. And we still are. The adoption process take time and lots of thought and looking for the right agency to go with. It is not something that we can just decide to do and then boom it is done, so we both after praying about it do not feel that we are taking matters back out of God's hands by looking into adoption and gather information. In fact we feel that looking into adoption now while we are not trying to get pregnant is the best possible thing to do because we do not have all the extra emotions going on with trying and then not being pregnant. Just in case any of you are wondering.

We spent three great days in Victoria. So fun and we stayed at an amazing place. Good thing we have points to use!!!!! It was nice just to be with Jeral and to relax. Nothing that had to be done, no distractions. I wasn't even allowed to bring the laptop so I would not be distracted by emails and so on.

Once we got home we came home to a very sick and in pain dog. So yesterday we had to have one of our dogs put down. I used to mock people who said that their dogs were like family until yesterday. I am so sorry for ever mocking or thing that they were crazy. I cried my eyes out in front of the vet as I held Gap in my arms. I know that putting him down was the right thing to do, He couldn't walk anymore and he was in such bad pain. I miss him though, and did I ever wish he would wake up and jump up and lick me yesterday. At least we still have one More dog!

So that is it for the short update!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

We are down from the 23 of April to the 6th of May. I know that we will be busy from the 26th (the Saturday) till the 3rd but other than that we have some assesments on the other days. I am praying about childcare. The leadership said they'd help with that. I might have someone lined up for a few days. I am not sure how busy we will be or how much freedom we have to visit but by all means, if it works, I'd love to do coffee. You'll have to email me your phone number.

Bunny said...

I'm so sorry about Gap. It's so sad to lose a family member....even if they are a dog. I'd be sad too if Chicklette was gone. She's brought so much joy to my life since we got her.