Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year And Other Things

Well I was just skimming through and realized I still have written nothing this year. So Happy New Year Everyone.

So what have we been up to. Well on December 29th we had the big Paul's family gathering. We had a good time with family. We were a little disappointed that our cousin's Jinger, Rachel and their baby boy were not there. We all wanted cuddle time with the baby!!!!;) Paul's family Christmas' are always a ton of fun, especially the gift exchange. Oh the lengths we will go to just to get the gift we want. And well I am pretty much a sap. There was a teddy bear up for grabs and well only one of the little kids could get it, and that was Kara. Well when my other little cousin started crying I went to town and got her a teddy bear just because I didn't want to see her sad.

New Years was a blast. Our church headed to Gardom Lake Bible Camp for some fun. Last year at New Years we were in Seattle getting ready to head to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Man where does time go to?

On Sunday December 30th was out 1 year anniversary. We have been married one year. Some days it feels as though we have been married just a few short days and then other days it feels as though we have been married a life time (in a good way). So on Sunday we skipped church. I know how scandalous! We spent the day in Kelowna. I was able to surprise Jeral with a new wedding band. He told me after 6 months of marriage he wanted a white gold band, not the titanium one I got him originally. So his gift was a new wedding band. I was so excited to give it to him. So in the mall I made him open it! I know I am still a little kid when it comes to giving gifts. Also we needed to take it back so they could re-order the ring in the right size for Jeral's monstrous hands. He has farmers hands. After shopping for most of the afternoon we headed back into Vernon where we went out for dinner and after dinner we went to a movie. Then we had to head home because we have chickens in our barns. So later this month for my birthday we are going away to Victoria for a few days. I am looking forward to getting away from the farm and just relaxing the two of us.

So that is the last few days in a nut shell. I just took down all the decorations from Christmas today:( And am now in the process of getting things ready for my brother in law Chris. He is going to be going to school in Salmon Arm for the next 6 weeks, so he is coming to live with us during that time. Both Jeral and I are looking forward to getting to know him better over this time. I think it will be interesting and good.

Well I hope all have a fabulous up coming 2008! Blessings and Prayers!

Leanne Krahn

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you celebrated well and you still have Victoria to look forward to!! How fun! We went there last summer with my parents. It was a blast! Wish we could've stayed longer!