Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jeral's Birthday and Our Family Outting

Today we took the kids to the Kettle Valley Railway Trestles. As we were walking it was hard not to notice these flowers. The are beautiful, and they also only grow in areas that have been devastated by forest fires.


This picture does not do justice to how amazing this field looked filled with the flowers. When you look around it is easy to see the devastation the fire did, however the beauty of the flowers growing is so captivating that the devastation of the fire is almost missed. I think that these flowers are a metaphor for life in many ways. At times events or circumstances occur that devastate us, and yet in time an amazing beauty can grow up. Also at times that beauty may not grow unless the devastating fire comes and sweeps through first. It sort of sucks and yet it is also true. What was once there is no longer, and yet something beautiful can happen out it.

Me with Kenzie! I realized a few days ago that most of the pictures we have of the kids are of them alone, with each other, or with Jeral. Yes in part because I take most of the pictures, however also because I have been ashamed of the reality that I allowed myself to gain back over half of the weight I worked so hard to loose. However I am choosing to say that stops now. I want my children to be able to see pictures of them in my arms when they were little, being held by me - knowing they are loved by me their mommy - no matter what size I am.


Me and my miracles. I am so blessed to have not one, but two babes. They mean the world to me and I love getting to snuggle and cuddle with them.




Today is Jeral's birthday. It is his first one as a daddy! He is a wonderful daddy that is for sure. We decided to take a trip to Kelowna and walk along the Kettle Valley Railway Trestles. It was a great day that is for sure! I love that we get to go out as a family! So this was our family picture on Jeral's Birthday! All in all we walked 12 km with our babes, and before that in the morning I walked 6 with a friend. All my body is saying now is ouch. Oh well the blisters are so worth the memories we created as a family on Jeral's birthday!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

What beautiful pictures Leanne! Good for you for getting some pictures of you with your babes! I think you look fabulous by the way ;0) Love your new hair do!

Rena said...

you are a beautiful woman Leanne. xox