Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

7 Months




Seriously Wow! Jaris is 7 months today. Were does time go? The past 7 months have been filled with so much for our little miracle boy. Truthfully life as we knew it has changed forever. The other day I had said to Jeral that while I do remember what life was like before we had Kenzie and Jaris, I am unable to imagine a future without them.
Seven Months ago today at this time Jaris was sleeping in the bassinet at the hospital. He went into recovery sleep much later than most babies do. All I wanted to do was sleep like my amazing little boy, yet with visitors that was impossible. He seemed so small and so fragile. He was longer than Kenzie was when she was born, yet he weighed less. I was scared if I snuggled him to close I would break him, however that did not stop the snuggles. When I look at Jaris it is hard to believe that he was once to tiny, because 7 months later he is a huge boy. Yes he is still very floppy, yet that is getting better. Yes I some days am not able to feed him fast enough, and in the end he still gets all the food he needs, and sometimes all the food he wants!!!! :)
I knew the day I was pregnant with Jaris that my life would be forever changed by the little miracle inside of me. I knew the path that I was on in the journey of life would likely change and that some of the people on that path with me would not be able to join me on a different path once you came into the world, and other people would join us on that path instead. Yet my son the greatest blessing is that you and your sister are now a part of the journey. I love being your mommy!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Happy 7 months Jaris and Happy 10 months to Mackenzie!