Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Our First Halloween

Here is Jaris hanging out with daddy and a pumpkin!

I love the little smirk on Kenzie's face.

Jaris going for Kenzie's ear. I think he is thinking this is only fare since she grabs and bites my ear mom!


Daddy pulling the guts of the pumpkin out. I had to let him do it as my hands would be covered in hives if I started digging around in there!


Proud papa with his two babes on their first Halloween

I think the expression on these two pumpkins suits the personality of our two kids.
So today in church a dear friend asked me if a year ago today we knew about Kenzie becoming a part of our family, and the answer was no. As far as we knew our profile had been closed and the adoption journey was done. I was pregnant with Jaris however we did not know that he was a boy yet. That was a few weeks away. I was still making my bi-weekly trek to Abbotsford. I must admit I really do miss those trip and I miss seeing Marie as often as I got too! Now a year later we are carving pumpkins with our kids. I love it!!!!! We dressed the kids in their matching outfits for the pictures, however we decided not to take them trick or treating. I know, I know what were we thinking, with Kenzie's smile we would bring a boat load of candy home, however trust me I do not need the candy these days and the babes are too little for that kind of stuff yet! Maybe next year or the year after that, we will see. Well with that being said - HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!






4 comments:

Ashlea said...

What little cuties!!! I love your pictures Leanne. Hope you had a fun halloween with your family!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I remember you staying over and telling me about the phone call you got from the adoption agency. It's neat to see how everything changed in a year. Love you and let's chat soon. I'd love to hear more about what's happening in your own life.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

What cuties! Love their matching outfits :)

Caroline said...

Mackenzie and Jaris look soooo cute in their matching outfits!! :0)