Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, November 21, 2010

11 Months!


This is Kenzie with one of her favorite guys to hangout with while we are in Abbotsford! They where at first just looking out the door, however then they started practicing kissing the door! I guess they are just trying to get it down before they have their first kiss!!!!!

I just got home from my trip to Abbotsford to see Marie and meet her little baby girl Joelle! I was so happy that the weather and roads did not ruin the trip. I have so missed seeing Marie and yet this is also the stage of life that we are both in. Children change life, and I gladly give up the every other week trips to hold my babes and to get to wath them grow up. And yet we are blessed that we do get to see eachother and our babes. I loved how thie weekend trip with my daughter Kenzie was also the 1 year anniversary the phone call from the adoption agency telling us that a birth mom wanted to meet with us. So last year today as I was driving home from Abbotsford I was hoping and praying and dreaming that Jeral would say yes. Today a year later I had my little miralce 11 month old in the van with me. Yep the tears of joy were flowing as I drove home.

Today MacKenzie is 11 months old. Seriouslly where does time go. It feels like it was only a few short weeks ago that she was placed in our arms and our heart grew 100 times over with love for her, and now I am planning her 1 year Birthday party! She truly is her name - while we were visiting with our friend in Abbotsford, I realized she had a rather high temperature due to teething, and yet the whole time she would smile, try to laugh and then grab her cheeks and fuss a little bit and then do it all over again. It was so adorable. Definately made for long nights and lots of cuddles and then pushes away and then cuddles until she finally fell asleep in my arms!

11 months has gone by way to quickly - most days feel like a blur thus I keep this blog to have a record of some of the things both my little miracles do. I know the next 11 months will go by like crazy also, and then I will blink and she will be in highschool, or moving off to college. So here is hoping I can slow down time to cherish and enjoy every moment with my baby girl and her baby brother!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love your little girl. It was fun to have her around last week. Love you too!

Caroline said...

Great picture of Mackenzie and her little friend. Amazing how things change in a year ;0)