Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Growing up To Fast

Jaris trying to drink from a cup. He has trouble grabbing little things, however big things not a problem!

Kenzie drinking from her cup! I was curious to see how big of a mess they would make and to my surprise the mess was not that big!

Isn't he cute! I love his smile!



Jaris showing off his new skills reaching forward and grabbing one of his favorite toys! After he grabbed it he sat back up!


I love her smile and her laugh. She is so full of joy. I guess that adds to one of the many reason why we gave her the middle name.


I love my little girl!


Here is my son sitting up all by himself. He is getting stronger and strong everyday!


Kenzie decided to help me fold laundry today and she ended up wearing it! It is a good thing that I have a sense of humor and can laugh about my daughter wearing my under clothes!


Wow it has been a week since my last post! What can I say other than life is busy, and only getting busier as we get closer to Christmas! So to catch up on the last week and look a head a bit this is going to be a long post!



We had Jaris' developmental assessment last week and he is doing so good! When we first started seeing them 3 months ago Jaris was not even on the charts for the things that he could do for his age and now he has caught up nicely and is smack dab in the middle of the chart for his age group! Way to go my son! I am so proud of you!!!! (I am writing this way just incase one day Jaris and Kenzie read this blog!). They felt that we could stop seeing them, however I asked for another 6 months of follow up just to make sure that we stay on track. Plus the extra support is always nice. We also saw the pediatrician today and Jaris' body is finally catching up to his head. As his he gets longer, and gains more weight everything is looking more and mo9re appropriate, and now his head measures the 105th - 110th percentile. It is coming down from the 130th percentile!!!!! There is still no reason to explain why his head growth rocketed off the charts when he was born, however as of now that does not seem important.


It is hard to believe that Kenzie's first birthday is just over a month away! My little girl is growing up so very fast.The other day I caught her trying to climb over the barrier to get a the Christmas tree in the living room and when I said "Kenzie, stop! No we leave the tree alone. Come to mommy." I motioned with my hand to come to me. Well she smiled her amazing contagious smile and then put her hand up in the air and motioned for me to come to her. I burst out into full belly laughter. Oh the joys of my babes being developmentally appropriate!!!! Kenzie has also figured out how to get down stairs backwards. We have two stairs from our living room into the toy room. Normally Kenzie sits there and fusses until I pick her up and put her in the room. I had tried to teach her to go backwards, yet for some reason she was not interested, at least not while mommy was looking. However when I was not looking she just started going back and forth between the two rooms. I love how proud she is of herself when she does it! I have smart kids! We still have the gate up on the main stair because trying to get down 14 stairs is different than 2 stairs.



Funny thing is that is was this coming weekend a year ago that we found out that we were going to be adopting MacKenzie. I was down in Abbotsford and it turned out that instead of making two more trips like I had planned, due to the roads it was decided that it was my last trip. I was going to be at a silent retreat after I finished up with everything else I normally did during my trips. During the retreat I got a phone call telling us about a brith mom who had picked us, and that she wanted to meet with us the following week. AHHHHHHH! I emailed Jeral and told him what was going on and that I would pray about it and asked him to pray too. I remember being in the shower and just wanting God to say yes or no and make the decision for us. However that was not the case. God kept saying over and over that we had a choice to make. Well I know I can say for both Jeral and I that adopting MacKenzie is a choice we will never regret! And now a year later MacKenzie and I are going to take a trip to Abbotsford to hang out with Marie and Joelle. I can hardly wait, that is as long as the roads are good.


Both Kenzie and Jaris are sleeping much better at night. We are so thankful for that. Seriously sleep makes the world a better place, and a more sane place. So much so that we are thinking we wamt more kids. Not yet. I have weight to loose and my sinus issues have to get figured out, and then maybe just maybe there will be more Krahn Babies, one way or another!


In a week and a half we are hosting the big Pauls' family Christmas at our house! So much to do and so little time, however it will be fun! Well that is it for now! Hope you all enjoyed the pictures!

No comments: