Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, November 28, 2010

8 Months

Wow Jaris was 8 months yesterday! And what a day it was for him. Jaris got to hang out with all the members of our extended family at the big family Christmas party. My little boy is growing up so fast. I love all the cuddles and snuggles that he gives. I love how excited he gets when he is in the jolly jumper. I love how he and Kenzie interact. He loves smiling at his sister! He loves his food. I am truly blessed that he is such a good eater. I never have to worry that he will not eat his food. I am stoked that we have a bunch of turkey left overs so I blend up some turkey and start putting it in his yam, spinach, carrots, and green bean mix. I also love listening to him talk to himself and giggle with glee in the middle of the night. The rare night now that he joins us in our bed are some of my favorite nights! I love listening to him as he lays between us and we are trying to fall asleep. I love the rolling over and snuggling in with me. I think it is so funny that while daddy is in bed too, both Jaris and Kenzie seem to know where mommy is and roll to snuggle in with mommy! Yep I am special, and I love being the snuggler with my babes!

A couple of weeks ago we had Jaris' development tested and his did so great. He used to be really below the rest of his age group and he has done a great job at catching up and now is in the middle of the pack. I am so proud if him for that, because the reality is that while we spend time doing physio (baby physio is really playing) with him, Jaris does all the work.

This week I started just laying the baby mum mums on his high chair tray and because they are big enough to grab he grabs then and then chomps down on them. I love that he is starting to eat some finger food. Small things are still hard to grab yet that is okay one small step at a time.

I will post pictures in a few days when I have more time and am not so tired! Until we hope everyone is enjoying life!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thanks for the update on Jaris Leanne! I've sure enjoyed getting to know you and watching your babes grow ;0)