Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

After being up from 3 am to 5:30 am this is how I found him this morning. Hard to believe he was freaking out for over and hour. He is so adorable and melts my heart!
This is how I found Jeral and Kenzie this morning. Jaris woke Kenzie up at 5 am and she went down stairs to play with Jaris and daddy ( I was happy about that), and Jeral said by 5:30 am this is how they all were sleeping soundly on the couches!



Being a goof ball!




We are having one of those weeks where parenting is a struggle. More or less night time is a huge struggle. We had three weeks before Christmas where both of them where sleeping through the night in their own rooms, and well since then nights have been challenging. With another baby on the way we are trying to get Kenzie used to the idea that daddy will be snuggling with her at night sometimes. Kenzie is a mama's girl all the way. The last few nights though she has settled with Jeral in the middle of the night. The first night we tried daddy cuddles instead of mommy cuddles she cried for me for and hour. Now we are down to 5 minutes and then she is sleeping peacefully with her daddy! However Jaris has started waking up in the middle of the night and well he is giving me a run for my money. I am so ready for my kids to sleep through the night. There was something in the beginning about having that special night time snuggle and cuddle. While I do enjoy snuggles and cuddles I am so ready to have our bed back to just Jeral and I for the most part, and am so ready to only wake up to go the washroom in the middle of the night. I guess we are just in the thick of things right now. I keep reminding myself that this is not forever. There will come a day that they sleep by themselves through the night.

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am sure that being tired from pregnancy makes you feel even more tired with all the wake-ups and kids not sleeping in their bed.

Thinking of you todady