Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Short Lived Trip

Well we are on holidays however we are back at home. We left for Pateros, Washington on Monday and came home yesterday. The original trip was to include 3 nights in the States and then head up to Abbotsford for a few days and visit friends.

Monday was my 33rd Birthday day, so what better day to leave than that! I had an appointment in Kelowna at 11 am so we got everyone packed up to go because we were heading south of the Border right after. The kids traveled farely well, especially considering they were stuck in car seats for a long time. We got there and I will admit the Hotel was rather nice for a hotel in a little hick town in the middle of no where! Once we settled in we went out for dinner. I was actually feeling well enough to eat a bit which was nice. Night time with Kenzie was challenging however that is nothing new. The next day was when we decided to head home early. I have never thrown up so much. Yes I know I am almost 9 weeks pregnant and still in that window of morning sickness and not feeling well, however this was more. It was non-stop for over 8 hours. I cried I was so sick and it was then Jeral and I decided it was better for me to be sick at home than it was for me to be sick in a hotel room. Plus the weather added to Jeral's desire to just get home. Thus we ended up completely cutting out our trip to Abbotsford to visit friends! While I am sad about that. I am happy to be at home. There really is nothing like home sweet home. And Kenzie slept through the night by herself in her own room last night. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly have not felt this rested in a while. I think traveling will be out for a while. At least until this morning sickness thing is done with.

I still and in awe that there is a little baby growing inside of me. There are days when I wonder if I really am pregnant and then the afternoon comes and I know I am. At some point today I will get to see out little baby bug again. I am waiting for my OBGYN to call me to meet him at the hospital for a scan. When he said he would meet me weekly I did not think he really meant he would! Yet he is keeping his word and I am stoked I get to see him or her again!

No comments: