Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Peace instead of Anxiousness

So on Monday September 8th, 2008 I am having surgery. It is day surgery, they are going in and Drilling my Ovaries. Now I am sure this sounds worse than it really is. The surgeon is going to make two incisions and then insert a scope, which will contain a laser that will be used to drill into different areas of my ovaries. Nothing to big. I was told the worst part will probably be the air the gets pumped into my stomach.

However I was also told that if something gets punctured that should not be punctured then they will have to open me up and fix the puncture, and if they see something wrong with my ovaries they may have to go in and remove one or both. I was at first rather anxious about this. However as I have spent time with Jesus, and envisioned my surgery. I have envisioned healing from both minor and major surgery (including my ovaries being removed), and I have come to a place of peace over everything.

I have come to a place of knowing that no matter the outcome Jesus knows what is best and he is not going to mess this up, or mess with me. If all goes as planned then great, and if we get pregnant awesome. If they have to go in and repair a puncture then I guess Jesus wants me to rest a little more and learn to sit still, because I will have to still and rest for a while. If by some chance both ovaries are over taken by cysts and they have to be removed then I will grieve the loss and trust that Jesus only has what is best for me in mind.

So with a peace like that the surgery can only be a success!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Bunny said...

I know it sounds really scary. When I had my laparoscopy I was scared that they would have to take them out too. I will be praying for you.
With the gas, just remember to move around as much as you can. It's helpful if there is someone around for the first day or two that can help you if you need assistance. My mom came out and I was so glad. If you need to talk, just let me know.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful - we enjoyed spending time with you "camping"! ;D I'll be praying for you and for the doctors on Monday!! Love you lots girl!! Talk to you later!

Mir

Trev and Rebekah said...

Praying for you as you recover.

Bunny said...

How did it go? How are you doing?