Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Post Op Report

So amidst the heart ache of yesterday I totally forgot to blog about finally getting the post op report from my doctor.

So in short the finding were that yes I have PCOS. My ovaries were enlarged bi-laterally. So using 35 watts of electricity they drilled into my ovaries numerous times. The surgeon felt that my ovaries responded well from what he observed. Only time will really tell if the procedure is successful (aka- we get pregnant).

Upon investigation while inside of me my fallopian tubes, my uterus, pelvis, and cervix are all normal. Yeah for that. Some women have tilted uterus', and narrow cervix's, or twisted and blocked tubes and that is not the case for me. So happy to hear that.

We were at peace with whatever was found because we trust that Jesus wants the best for us, and has only the best for us. I have come a long way in this journey. And as I say that I am relieved that it appears my ovaries are the only issue in the fertility journey.

So now we continue the journey of adding to our family. It is a journey we decided to embark on 19 months ago. It is a journey we have struggled with, cried over, I have been angry and resentful towards God at times, and yet today I know that something is being grown in both Jeral and I that otherwise would not have had to chance to be grown. The last 19 months have challenged us, stretched us, and shaped us. So as we continue on the journey we ask for you prayers.

It is strange. I have come to realize that I have many friends and acquaintances that are also on the this journey with us. More than I ever actually thought. Fertility issues are all around us. For some reason God has chosen some of us to journey this struggle. So to all my friends and even those who I only know of, Jeral and I will continue to hold you up in our prayers, as we prayer also for us. You are not alone. None of us are alone.

Love and Prayers, Leanne and Jeral

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Ever since I began my struggle with trying to get pregnant with Isaiah I believe God opened my eyes to see that there were others out there who struggled too. Since then my heart has grown so much for those who desire a child whether it be their first, second or even third. See you on Wednesday. Are you planning on being around for a little while or most of the afternoon?

Bunny said...

You are such an amazing woman and God has truly blessed me through your blog. I'm glad that we can support and pray for one another, and it's interesting how when one of us is struggling the other is not, so it allows the other to be supportive at a difficult time.
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.
Many blessings and prayers.
Christina

Trev and Rebekah said...

I enjoyed our visit today. Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Love ya!