Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, September 29, 2008

This, That, and the Other

Nothing to new going on here. I am busy mostly with the enormous amount of fruit we have. Man do we ever have plumbs, pears, and apples coming out of our ears. I have taken care of the plumbs. Now I am busy cutting up the pears and drying them into pear chips and tomorrow I will go onto the apples, and I will also make a bunch of pies and freeze them. Oiy, when did I become s domesticated? No seriously I love being a house wife and I love getting to cook, just not the cleaning aspect.

Today Jeral and I have some pictures taken of us. We have not done this since our wedding, well we have taken self portraits, we just have not had anyone else take them for us. And lucky us my friend is a photographer, so she came out with her kids and took pictures of us. The sun was out, and it was a warm day today. So all in all great for taking pictures. I'll post some when we get them back. After the picture taking we settled in for a nice visit and a cup of tea.

I am realizing more and more that Jeral and I need to be intentional about going out of dates. We do not have children yet so we should not be a disconnected and out of touch with each other. We have time to connect and catch up on what is going on, and yet we both get some busy and just to plain old tired to communicate (laziness on our part). I remember my former boss and his wife telling us remember to keep dating once you are married. And we were like yeah, yeah we will. Well after about a year we go lazy and the intentional dating has not happened. Even tonight Jeral is now tired so the long warm bath in the jacuzzi tub we have is not going to happen. Oh well, such is life. I guess I am realizing that when we are intentional we bicker less and our marriage is overall much better.

Well those are my thoughts for now. Hope all is going well for everyone! Take care!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I totally hear you about cleaning.... at least when you bake or something it lasts for a few days... unlike cleaning!!!
We are trying to be more intentional about dating too. We used to have a date on the 17th of every month since our anniversary is May 17. It was non-negotiable and we took turns planning it. It worked pretty good and we need to get back into the habit.