Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Poking My Self

So even though I do not have gestational diabetes the nurses and doctors have decided to be proactive and I will be poking my self 4 times a day for the next 30 weeks. If I can stay on top of things then they will agree to let me drop that number down to 2 times a day.

As much as I could complain about the inconvenience I feel very blessed to have such an amazing medical team surrounding me for this pregnancy. We started off at an amazing Fertility Clinic and now we have transitioned to an amazing team of medical health care professionals.

The one thing I will complain about it the fact that I do not think I will be able to eat everything they want me to for now however I will endeavor to do so and hope for the best. I am now keeping a food journal so that the nurses and dietitians can make sure that I am eating properly to keep my blood sugars for getting to high. Not the calorie counting kind of food journal just making sure I am getting all the right amounts of each food group. So me wanting to do a bang up job of this has a lovely chart already made on my computer and I will keep track of everything on my lap top.

Anyways I want to get back to the football game! Blessings and hugs!

Leanne

No comments: