Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 12

Well this past week and a a bit has been filled with lots of waiting and anticipation. We got a phone call saying we were selected by a birth mom, who gave birth to a little baby boy on September 13th. Then we got a phone call say she was looking at us and two other couples, and today we got a phone call saying that while things are still not decided it looks like the birth mom will be choosing the other family. My being pregnant from the sounds of things is what swung the pendulum in favor of the other family. Things are still not totally decided however it is looking like they will be choosing the other family. As crazy as this sounds we are sad over this news. We really wanted this little boy. I have to keep reminding myself that the other couple does not have the miracle growing inside of them that we do, however the lose and heartache of not getting this little boy is still very real. This adoption journey has been crazy with many twists and turns, and will soon come to an end for now. And with that I will being seeing my counselor at least until the middle of December depending on the roads. And maybe now I can get back to focusing on the homework I have struggled to do for the past 2 weeks.

On a more positive note - I had my 12 week check up today with my OBGYN and after a scare of not being able to hear the babies heart beat at first, and then my having to have an internal exam to check the sized of my uterus, the Dr. realized he was checking to low because I was carrying higher. So the second time round he got the heart beat - a strong healthy heart beat of 160 beats a minute! Yeah for that. I think today would have killed me if we would have not been able to hear the heart beat and then got the news that the birth mom was most likely not picking us.

So with that being said we are going to start getting the nursery ready and ordering the crib and things we want for our little "Joy Bug's" room! I am looking forward to finding out the sex in 7 weeks so I can go crazy with buy cute little outfits and so on!

That is the update for now!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

So sorry to hear to hear about your disappointment, but ever so thankful that you still have the birth of your baby to look forward to. Have fun planning and decorating and shopping! God is good all the time!

Shawn and Susan said...

Wow, never a dull moment hey?!
Glad to hear your appointment went well. My Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually free, let me know when you can come for coffee! I'll make decaf!
Susan

Trev and Rebekah said...

Love you!
I am excited to see how this little person will be.