Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Figuring Things Out


Bath time for Jaris!


Kenzie eating her feet!

Jeral and I are trying to figure out this parenting thing, and staying home to take care of our little ones. We both were so used to doing whatever we wanted whenever, and Jeral was used to working the farm, property, and in the shop. Eventually Jeral will be able to get back out there and at it.

I know that I am looking forward to being able to put the kids in the stroller and taking long walks with them. I took Jaris for a short walk yesterday and it was nice. I am hoping to take both kids on a short walk today also. That way Jeral can go do something in the shop for a bit if he wants.

I am also trying to find a balance between healthy self care (aka - talking with Jesus about stuff), house work, and rest. Children change things that is for sure, and while we have moments of missing the freedom we once felt, we would never go back to that because our two miracles are everything to us here on earth!

Kenzie continually makes us smile with her laughing, cooing, and just her personality. Yesterday I was talking to her while the hockey game was on, and she would look in my direction give me a quick smile and then turn right back to the TV - it was as if she was saying mommy I love you however the TV is much more interesting than you! She is also one of the strongest little girls I have ever seen. I will lay out in the recliner with my knees bent a bit and hold onto MacKenzie's hands and she will not only pull herself up to the sitting position she will push up on her legs and stand without me pulling her. My hands are just there for support.

Jaris is growing everyday, and I am so thankful that he is healthy. He gave mommy one night where he slept from 10 pm - 4:15 am, however last night he was back to his I want to be held antics. I must admit that holding him as he snuggles in has a calming affect on me. Actually holding both of them as they snuggle in is rather amazing and calming. We are blessed that is for sure.

3 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Miracle children they are and I can't wait to meet the little man hopefully some day soon. Love you bunches.

Shawn and Susan said...

Hey, thanks for the diaper last night!!, our team won! :) It was great to see you even if it was only for a brief minute. When you are settled in with your two little ones let me know and we can walk together or have coffee!
Take Care.
Susan

Unknown said...

Its cool to see little Jaris and he does look like his dad...Our next door neighbour is Mackenzie and she is called Kenzie as well. Parenting is a busy job but must be much busier with those two little miracle ones of yours . Rest while you can and enjoy every moment as they grow so fast...saying lots of prayers for you
Take care
Lorna-Mae
Rebekah says hi from Courtenay