Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, April 19, 2010

First Day Laying On the Grass


MacKenzie and her first time just laying on a blanket on the grass outside! She really was happy just before I took the picture and then she decided to have a bit of a dramatic moment! Oh well she is still mommy's little angel!


Chilling with Daddy on the lawn! Jaris was smoking hot when we got home from our shopping trip so we stripped the kids down and let them cool off in the shade since it was smoking hot in the sun!


This picture is for Auntie Joy since she and a select few people know what the hand up means when I do it I thought it was pretty dang cute that my son was putting his hand up in front of his head, however is reasoning is probably very different than my reasoning for putting my hand up. MacKenzie used to do this too when she was Jaris' age.


Well things have changed! MacKenzie is now the one in the nursery. Last night was the first night she was in the nursery, and she did great! Jaris is still in our room and will be for a while - his loud noises at night would wake MacKenzie up so we thought it was best to give MacKenzie her own room. Both kids sleep in cribs - no more play pens except for traveling and the occasional nap down stairs.

MacKenzie is will be 4 months old on Wednesday. Where has time gone? It feels as though yesterday she was placed in our arms and she was so tiny. Now she is the life of the party and a really strong 4 month old. She seriously has the biggest smile and loves to smile for anyone she meets.

Today I took the kids shopping on my own. Before Jaris was born I thought that taking the kids shopping by myself would be suicide, however seriously it is the best way for us to give Jeral time to do things on the farm, yard, or in the shop. Today the kids and I were gone for 3 hours. I find it interesting that anywhere we go we get asked - TWINS? And I say no, and then I get strange looks. Sometimes I take the time to explain that we got the blessing of being chosen by MacKenzie's birth mom to be her parents, and that I was pregnant when we were chosen. However more often now I simply say no they are 3 months and 6 days apart and I keep walking (with a smile on my face) and leave whoever has asked to ponder how the heck is it possible to have two children 3 months apart! Reality is that we will get asked that a lot in the days and years to come, and as our children grow up and go to school they will get asked that question too!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

This post sounds good. Hope that means you are doing well. Love you!