Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Learning to Rest!


My little boy!


Mommy with both her miracle children!


Daddy and his boy!


MacKenzie recently found her feet and they are her new favorite toy, and hey if she likes to play with her feet then have at it little girl!


MacKenzie in her Easter dress! I swore as a younger woman I would not dress my little girl in dresses however she is so cute in dresses! She is cute in whatever she wears!


So today I got a bit of the riot act read to me by my doctor. Apparently I did not have a normal birthing of my son, and thus due to the trauma my body under went I need to spend more time resting. You should have seen the look on her face when I asked her if I could start jogging again! That is a few months away apparently! Those you who know me know that sitting still and not doing much (okay I know feeding and taking care of my little ones is a lot already), know that this drives me crazy. I mean the day after my surgery back in September of 2008 I had my husband drive down to Abbotsford so I could make my session with my therapist, and visit friends! Yes I know I over did it and paid the price for it later and my recovery took longer. Anyways I guess I will be attempting to rest more. I am not even supposed to carry MacKenzie around a ton because I end up staring to bleed more than I already am. So with that being said Jeral has finally agreed to hire our nephew to do chores, and when Jeral has to be in the barns or shop for something he will only go if I have help in the house. Jeral has never had the pleasure of being alone with both MacKenzie and Jaris when they are both crying. I have and it is hard. Yesterday I managed twice to be able to pick both of them up and carry both of them, only to be told today that is a No, No! I guess I may actually have time to talk to Jesus about all the triggers that went off during child birth and after!!! :) The smiley face maybe a little sarcastic!!!!!!

In other news Jaris is doing well. He is back to his birth weight! Yeah for that. I was worried about him, he seems so small and tiny, and yet MacKenzie was once that small too and she is thriving. I still marvel at the fact that he was once inside of me and now he is being held in my arms. I love that he is still all cuddly especially since MacKenzie only wants to cuddle when she is tired. We are truly blessed to have both of our children. I love them so much! They are the most amazing gift we could ever be given by Jesus and my prayer is that we will be able to show them daily as best we can the love of God. I know we will mess up and not be perfect in being a great example of the extravagant love of God, however we will do our best. My prayer is that is does not take them until they are 30 something to truly know how much God loves them, and to truly see God as He is.

No comments: