Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Made My Day

My Aunt and Uncle spending time with my children!


Okay so it has been a week since I last posted. In part due to life being busy and in part due to how overwhelmed I feel some days. Having one child would be challenging some days, having two so close and yet not be twins is definitely challenging most days. Take for example today we went to Kelowna for the day just me and the kids. When we got home both Kenzie and Jaris would not stop crying no matter what I did. Kenzie is getting to be at the stage where she sees me holding Jaris and that is enough for her, she wants to be held too. So I put Jaris down and pick up Kenzie, and then Jaris starts up again and vice versa. This went on for 45 minutes while I was trying to get them fed and ready to go to Auntie Jodi's house for a dinner cooked by Sarah my niece. Anyways the reality is I am doing the best that I am able to when it is just me with my two little amazing miracles, and the best that I am able to do has to be good enough. I am not super mom with the blue cape and tight blue spandex (now that would be a picture). I am Leanne, an imperfect human being who is blessed to get to muddle through parenthood and make mistakes, and not always be able to parent the way I had envisioned or desired too. A wise woman once told me that good enough has to be good enough. So I guess today I was as good enough as I could be and that has to be good enough.

Anyways that is not what I was going to blog about. Today before I went shopping with the kids and my cousin I took Kenzie and Jaris over to my uncle and aunt's place. We sat outside on the lawn and what made my day was watching my aunt get to hold my babies. Now normally that would not be so amazing, however this aunt has chemical sensitivities and reacts severely normally at best we could stand at a distance and talk and she could look at them from afar. However today she held my babies and talked to them, and got to love them up. That truly was a miracle and made my day especially knowing that my babies are the only great niece and nephew she has held out of all the great nieces and nephews she has.

2 comments:

Rena said...

Can totally picture you in the cape & tights!
;)

Jen Glen said...

What you're experiencing, the realization that the parent you dreamed up in your head is not the parent you're being, is totally what I have been scared about lately. What if? What if? What if? Not that that's a reality for me, or ever will be, but it's nice to know that you're experiencing what I have feared and getting through it and dealing with it well. Thanks.