Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Trying to get Jaris into the back pack for the hike!

Father and Son!


All snug in the back pack for the hike to the falls! I really wish she would allow me to put clips in her hair, however she is very content to have the hair in her face!


Caught the kids playing in the toilet and me being the fantastic mommy I am ran to get the camera and let them keep playing!




Jeral is an amazing Father! I know I have said it before and I will say it again, he is amazing. He loves spending time with his kids, and he loves teaching them new things. I never have to worry that he is going to dread spending time with them so I can go out for a bit and have some mommy recharge time. He never complains about changing diapers, he is fine with giving them a bath, or doing the dishes while I bath them! He will often get up in the middle of the night if one of them is crying and I have been up with the other one, or sometimes he just gets up so I can sleep! You should see the way his eyes light up when he talks about his daughter, and his son. You can tell he loves them so very much. Truly an amazing dad! I am so blessed that he is my husband and the father of our children.




Watching him with our children is one of those experiences that is both wonderful and hard to watch. I get the blessing of loving watching him be such a great daddy and then I also end up spending some time grieving that I did not have this as a child. I am coming to realize it is more than okay to love watching him with our kids and then also feel a bit of sadness as I process my own childhood. I will say I am grateful to be in a place where I am allowing myself to experience both the joy and the grief, and not saying it has to be either, or. Instead it is both, and!


In other family news - Jaris is so fun to watch. He no longer need to crawl over to something to pull himself up to walk. If he falls on his bottom side he just flips over and stands up! So amazing to watch , and now that he seems to having walking down pretty good he is babbling up a storm and talking so much these days! Still not sure what he is say, however I have a sneaky suspicion that Kenzie and Jaris are developing their own language!


In the Kenzie department we think that part of the anxiety problem is not liking to be given away or passed off. For example the other day I really needed to do something so I tried to give Kenzie to Jeral, well that did not go over so well. I have found that if I allow the time for the other person to gather her and let Kenzi get to a place of wanting to go to that person then the anxiety drops. I am also praying huge amounts of peace for my little girl every night as we snuggle. Interestingly enough last night I was thinking about something else as I was holding her and i was getting all feisty in my thoughts and Kenzie went from being calm to anxious and all fired up and ready to take on the world. It took a good 15 minutes to get her back to the calm almost asleep state again. Note to self when snuggling with Kenzie stay focused on her and how much I love her - do no think about anything that will produce anxiety or stress!


With all of that I am a very thankful woman for the life I have with my beautiful family!

No comments: