Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vacation so Far

The ice sculpture at the Adoption Party for our friend's daughter who happens to be named Makenzie, just spelt a little differently than our MacKenzie. My Kenzie though she would get in on the party since most likely she is not going to get a party on this grand of scale. Hmmm if we would have adopted through the ministry instead of privately maybe we could have afford to do a party like this!!!!! Hmmm, nope I would rather have the Kenzie we have than a grand party, yet it was a nice party that is for sure!

So we are on our holidays and one of the reasons were came down to the States is because so friends of ours adopted a little baby girl named Makenzie. We know the blessing of adoption first hand and how wonderful it is and we know the heart ache of fertility issues too and how adoption is for some of us a very wonderful and amazing way to become parents. I wish I was able to get a better picture of this amazing family. The day was a whirl wind for them - I think we will have to come back down some other time and spend more time with them.

Kenzie and her favorite party Auntie! At first the kids were not to sure however it was a quick warm up and well Kenzie as usual hammed it up for everyone!



My favorite picture of Jaris and his Auntie. Love the smiles both have!


My handsome son all spiffed out wearing a tie!


I love this sign because it is so true for any child that is born - little piece of heaven has come down to earth to bless us. I know I feel this way about my kids.


So the two Kenzie's meet and well they both were grabbing at each others hair. Hmmm! You would think I am used to people walking up to me by now and saying, "You are Leanne, I have heard all about." And normally it is because everyone knows Jeral from his Saudi days. And while this lady knows Jeral from his Saudi days, she also informed me that she is the "CHILDHOOD" friend of the woman we named Kenzie - emphasis on childhood! I just think it is funny that people I have never met know me and know my daughter! I guess the blog sort of helps with that a bit!


Part of the amazing decor at the adoption party we were at.


Kenzie and her cousin! Kenzie is a boy kind of girl and between her cousin and another boy Kenzie was very entertained



The cup cake tower. I knew the party was going to be grand, however it was more than anything I thought it would be. The hall was decorate as though we were attending a fancy wedding reception. Oiy, our wedding reception was not this grand. It was beautiful!



My very cute little boy snuggling with his sister's teddy bear.


My two amazing boys! My son and my husband. So tired! Probably from all the cheering they did during the hockey game.



We got together with two of my high school friend and their kids! It is hard to believe between the 3 of us we have 4 kids and yet it is so fun!


Thinking about eating rocks thus a cute little smile.



Riding the fish! We have a horse at home that Kenzie can ride on so she loved this park toy.


Jaris had just woken up and me being in opportune photo mode could not resist taking a few teary photos before I picked him up. My son just has the best cheeks in the world!


Our first night in the hotel in Aldergrove it took until midnight to get the kids to go to sleep, so when morning came Kenzie was like her mama, not a morning person!



We are not quite half way through our trip and I thought it would be fun to post some pictures, especially since I have taken so many already. Unfortunately I accidentally left my memory card in our computer at home, so the first night hanging out with our friend Trev, Rebekah, and Isaiah I did not get any pictures of.


So Friday, we actually left on time for once. I credit that to my pre-packing for days before hand. We made a pit stop in Merrit at my high school, Sunday school teachers house and let the kids play. The got soaked playing in the dogs water bucket. So adorable. Then we headed to Aldergrove and settled into the hotel. Let me say trying to get a hotel in the lower mainland the weekend of Track and Field Provincals, Ruby Nationals, and the Canucks in the Stanley Cup Finals was a tall order on very short notice. After settling in we joined our friend at the Eagle Mountain Park and let the kids plays while we chatted. The park up there has something for almost every age group and it is beautiful up there.


Saturday I met up with some high school friends and we took our kids to a park to play. I loved watching all of us with our kids. After that we hung out with another friend who I have not seen in a year or so, and then it was off to hang out with Marie, and Joelle. Andrew ditched us! However he was hanging out with on of his best friends so we understood. And in the end I got to hang out with Marie and the Canucks won so who can complain? So far we have had a great jam packed vacation! Life is good!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Seeing your pictures reminded me that we did forget the camera. NEXT time we have to take some pictures! I still smile at the prayer of Isaiah's with him hoping you wouldn't get lost! Glad your trip is going well.

The A Team said...

That's a bit over the top for an adoption party...lol...It looks like you had a great time, though.