Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, May 30, 2011

Fun Weekend

Chasing after dogs! Love this face - future wedding material I think!
Mid step! Playing outside in a white dress - what was I thinking?
New friend Sean, and this little boy got some exciting news today #1 - His adoption is finalized! #2 - He is going to be a big brother to the little brother (my friend is 20 weeks along and they found out today they are having a boy)
Lounging with Daddy watching all the action take place! I love this picture of the two of them together!
Kenzie petting Stella (I think this is Stella or it is Ruby - hmmm, not to sure oh well). My little girl loves dogs and cats. I look forward to the day out rottie is in doggie heaven and we can get a more kid friendly dog for the kids to grow up with!

Sean getting stuck. It was so funny and yet he was not happy. Glad I had the camera on hand to catch this moment!


Trying to stand up unaided! He almost got it up. He has gotten up a few times on his own, it is just his big head that he struggles with balancing. He is getting there though!


Playing the drums on daddy's head and loving it!


Let me outta here! Come on mommy and daddy why did you have to build the fence I wanna fun free!


I love it when she does this. It is her way of saying what is up with this, I just don't get it.


Jaris looking at daddy - and his look says it all "Really daddy, you really want me to kiss you? Well okay if that is what you want!"


Here comes the kiss!







We just finished yet another busy weekend with some friends. This past weekend was the Metis Cultural Festival here in Armstrong, and some friends of ours from Kamloops came out to partake in the weekend. We joined them for a little bit on Saturday and then on Sunday they came to our place and stayed until this morning. It was fun for Kenzie and Jaris to have another little buddy to play with. I must admit though Kenzie was a little possessive of her toys. Totally developmentally appropriate though. Yet I found my self apologizing a lot in the beginning because Kenzie was acting like a bit of a brute. We were trying not to laugh though because it was sort of funny. At one point Sean was trying to slide down the slide, yet Kenzie did not want him to so she stood in front of the slide with on hand on her hip the other foot firmly placed on the slide so he would have to go through her to get down. Oiy, seriously where does she learn these things?




Grandma and Grandpa Krahn came for a short visit today, the kids got to see them in the morning, however when they were finished butchering chickens the kids were going down for naps. I think I heard them come to say hi and goodbye, however I was almost had Kenzie asleep and moving from the rocking chair would have spelled disaster and a nap was very much so needed for the kids since they have had way to many late nights and got up earlier than normal this morning. For me if I stay up to late then I want to sleep in, with the kids nope. If they stay up late then they want to get up early. Go figure! However one very sweet thing that happened when Grandma K. was here - Jaris saw her and walked right on over to her very excited to she his grandma! It was very sweet and he I am pretty sure that was the most steps in a row he has taken to date!





Well I think that is it. Now life will consist of us getting ready for our trip over the next few days. I figure if I spend the next few nights once the kids are in bed packing things, I will be a little less stressed the day before and morning of leaving! I am very excited to see my one of my best friends and I am very excited to celebrate the joys of adoption with some friends!

No comments: