Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, May 9, 2011







For Mother's Day I got a new camera! I have wanted one since last summer, however the timing just never seemed right. So I was very excited to get my new camera yesterday, and us being Mennonite we got a great deal on a demo camera. However the deal was too good to be true because the camera did not work so I took it back this morning and got myself a different camera that in my opinion is just as good of a deal if not better.


I am excited to take pictures if the kids as we go on holidays this June and as we are playing outside! I would have loved it for yesterday as both Kenzie and Jaris had everyone we ran into captivated!


Jeral give me a choice yesterday morning. We could either go to the farmers market at Caravan Farms, or we could take the kids to Crazy Creek Hot Springs. Guess which one I chose? Now if you are thinking I hate bathing suits and thus chose the Farmers Market you would normally be right. However in this case you are wrong I chose the Hot Springs! I would have loved to have the camera with me then as the babes were so funny! Kenzie and Jaris kept laughing at each other and they waved and smiled at everyone they saw. I lost track of how many times we were asked if they were twins.


We decided to share with a nice couple the story of how we have two so close in age and yet not twins. As it turned out they had been married for 20 years and really wanted to have children. They became very curious about adoption. What is cost? How we feel about our daughter verses our son? Normally that question would tick me off, however I new this was a curiosity question and not just an assumption that we loved one child more than the other. I told them that I often forget that Kenzie is adopted and that Jaris is not adopted. I love both of my children with all my heart. Jaris does not have the monopoly on my heart just because he grew inside me. Both were carried in my heart long before they were conceived!


We also got to share with them a story of some friends who have been married for 20 years and this past January adopted a little 9 month old (then, now she is a year old) girl. I could see her eyes light up as she realized that just maybe she was not too old to adopt.


Anyways, that was for me a great moment in many wonderful moments yesterday! Now if only the Canucks can finish off Nashville tonight that would be the icing on top of a sweet delicious cake!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Glad you could encourage another couple! Hot Springs sound wonderful!