Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just Playing Around

Playing Hide and Go Seek with mommy and the camera and then she found a rock and that was more interesting!






I love these two so very much!!!!




My son is not that mischievous however one would think from looking at this picture that he has a wild side to him! I mean he is my son after all and well those who know me know I have a crazy side!




Yummy I love Grapes!!!






Look at that Face and Smile! Seriously little boy your expressions crack mommy up!!!





So we have two sick babes and I can feel whatever they got about to hit me too! So not fun and yet so the way it goes as a parent!






I have been taking Kenzie to a Play Therapy Group on Wednesday mornings I have been learning lots about my self as a mom and as a human being in general. Really the group is all about teaching us a parents how to play with our kids in healthy nurturing ways. One thing I realized is that man did we ever spend a fortune on developmental toys for Jaris when in fact I could have gone and bought a few packages of stickers to stick on my face and that would have helped with his fine motor skills!!!!! Seriously the games that we play with our children are way better than any old toy and really when it boils down to it out kids want us! One of the things I really enjoyed watching today was how one of the other mom's let her son cover her face in dot stickers and just left them there. How many mom's would do that? Fortunately for me Kenzie was more interested in taking them off of my face than putting them on! Thank you baby girl!






At the end of our time together the group leader who just happens to be my sister in law and on of Kenzie's favorite people in the world asks all of us "what was something that stuck out for us during our time?" Then she asks the harder question, "What was one thing you appreciated about yourself during this time?" Now talk about a tough question. Yet how many of us do actually take a few seconds to think about this question and answer it honestly. So for me today I appreciated about my self was that I was able to feel okay going out in public without make-up on. Now for those of you who knew me back in the day I never wore make-up. However now a days I wear it all the time. Anyways maybe take a moment and tell yourself what is one thing you are able to appreciate about your self today!














No comments: