Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Zoo and our Holidays

A baby Dinosaur! Not sure if it was worth the $6 we paid to see the real life especially since Kenzie got scared and started crying!

Gotta love the spray! Apparently a friend from Bible College thinks this looks like me. Hmmmmm, note to self delete as a facebook friend!


Bear Sloth - this guys was shy. He kept coming out of his cave and then would see people and turn around, however I got a good picture none the less.



Big Yawn, on a hot sunny afternoon! Not sure if i would want to be close to those teeth!











He had the right idea. Oh how nice to be swimming on a hot day!



Taking an afternoon nap! He may look snugly however it is all an act!





If you look closely there is another one in the sack!


Nice and shiny!


She looks like she is smiling







We are done mama!






Did you know that lions rest 23 hours in the day, and the women are the ones who hunt and bring back for the males. Learned that on a Safari in Kenya, not at the zoo!







Hip - Hip - Hip - Hippopotamus, hip-hip-hip-horray God made all of us! A lovely camp song that once upon a time I got to sing a lot!











Someone is mad!!!! Actually someone came a little to close to her eggs for her liking!







One of my favorite zoo animals!! :)










There legs bend the opposite way ours do! Not sure if I could handle that if I were a bird. Good thing I am not a bird!


One of the very few pictures with me in it. Since I am the photographer I take most of the pics and am in very few, however i got Jeral to take one and it turned out okay!



My favorite picture of the day!





Three of the best looking zoo animals ever!!! Love you guys!








Thought this was funny!






Well we are now home from our first over the boarder family holiday and it was great! Yes a lot of work with two toddlers, and yet so much fun! So here is the over view of our trip.

We got to visit with a lot of friends. It was so good seeing each and every one of them. Headed down to Blaine Washing ton to celebrate the adoption of a little miracle named Makenzie. Then we drove to Seattle where we spent three nights, in a small and in my mind ghetto hotel room, however really I just like to stay in nice hotels and well lets just say this one was not like the pictures when it was booked. Our time there included the Zoo, swimming at the hotel, a trip to Pikes Market, me purchasing a very lovely yet kids clothing budget blowing outfit for Kenzie (don’t worry we got lots for Jaris too). The kids thought every night was a party! It was so funny yet so hard to get them to go to sleep at night! A middle of the night projectile vomit all over me was also included in this trip. All in all we had a blast, and I am looking forward to the next family holiday!

So the trip to the zoo was so much fun. While the kids are still young I know they enjoyed it a lot. They were looking at everything with awe and wonder, so or like I was. Kenzie kept pointing at everything and everyone. She was rather social, however that is nothing new. She was constantly waving at people and saying hi and then as we would walk by she would say bu-bye! It was so adorable. They did really well in the stroller and we made sure we took breaks to let them out and play. I had a ton of fun with my mother’s day gift and kept telling Jeral how grateful I was for the camera I got. Once we got back to the hotel we got the kids ready to go swimming and that was hilarious and we loved having the pool at to ourselves. After swimming we went back to our hotel room to watch a rather disappointing Canucks game! Oh well despite the but whipping our team took our family had a wonderful day!

Pikes Market Place was a nice. The last time Jeral and I were there was on our honey moon, and since we went walking on New Years Day most of the little shops were closed, so it was nice to get to see all the vendors and so on. However Jaris was sick and I felt badly for my poor little boy. When he puked the first time I thought he just choked a bit on his gerber cheese puff, and that is why, however after he ate some blue berries and we were walking all of a sudden he was puking a lot and it got all over him. Luckily we were by a kids clothing store (lucky for Jaris, not so lucky for our pocket book). Most of the stuff was all organic cotton and rather expensive, however so adorable. And I found the most adorable outfit for Kenzie there. I showed it to Jeral and told him the price and at first he said no, so I put it back, we bought the stuff for Jaris so we could change him, and we left. However for the rest of the afternoon I kept thinking about the out fit. We looked at other stuff and just nope I did not like the things I was seeing for Kenzie so we talked about it and I agreed that this was it then for this month and kids clothing, and I went back and bought the $150 outfit. Yep one outfit cost $150. So worth it though.

We went out for dinner at Red Robins – the same restaurant Jeral and I went to on our honeymoon. The kids did great. I was so impressed with them. Once we got back to the hotel we got the kids ready for bed and watch animal planet for a long while. The kids thought it was party time and well bed time was close after 11 pm. Kenzie was snuggling with me to fall asleep – this prevented the kids screaming and keeping the neighbours up, and well I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to a loud crash. Kenzie fell off the bed. This was a first in the middle of the night. She moves a lot however I did not expect her to fall off the bed. She was more scared than anything, and understandably so. Imagine being a tiny toddler and one second peacefully sleeping and the next crashing on the floor and smacking you hand on the air conditioner. Poor baby girl. Her screaming woke up Jaris so we had two crying babes. I finally got Kenzie to sleep just in time to take Jaris from Jeral so he could go back to sleep and well I head Jaris gagging so I took him to the bathroom and just as I turned the lights on projectile vomit came flying out of his mouth. It was all over me and him, down the front of my shirt, in my shirt and dripping down my body, down my back and in my shirt down my back, as well as all over my neck etc. I think you get the picture. I called Jeral in hoping Kenzie would stay sleeping and while Jaris and I showered, Jeral cleaned up the puke on the floor. I did not think a little guy could puke like that, yet wow he sure did. I finally got him to sleep and then I crawled into bed and prayed that the kids would both sleep until 9 am so I could get some sleep. Nope no such luck. And with that we headed home to good old Armstrong, with a few stops on the way! A visit to G&G Krahn, and a stop in Windfield for Jeral to puke. Yep he is sick now too. And while we had a fantastic trip I am happy to be home and sleeping in my own bed tonight! I still have a post or two more with other photo's from our trip, however it is late and I want to sleep so those will have to wait as I have time to post them!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

great zoo pictures.

Sorry the sickness got your family!

Renee said...

the hippo song is a fav in our house too!!