Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Straight to the Point

Okay so this may come across as blunt however I am tired of well intentioned friends telling me that I need to change my mind set on how long we have been trying to have kids for. Yes the surgery was only just over 3 months ago, as the surgery definitely boosts or chances of conceiving. However the reality is that we have wanted kids for as long as we have been married. We have prayed for and longed for kids for as long aw we have been married. That is 23 months of us longing to fill our home with children. What frustrates me is that all my friends who have said this have children. And with the exception of one, none of them can understand the heart ache of month, after month, after month of crying because God is still saying wait.

Yes the surgery changes does help greatly. However it does not all of a sudden change our hearts longing from 23 months to 3 months. Life just does not work that way. My heart knows how long I have wanted to get pregnant for, and or adopt children.

There I said what I needed to say.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

totally totally agreed.
i hope i am NOT one of those friends.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I agree with you.
I won't be home tomorrow. I appreciate your prayers. It's been quite the week for me and I'm not sure how the afternoon tomorrow will go.