Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Differences

Wow so this week I have been struck by the differences in the way public and private health care systems work. At least here in our area. Recently Jeral and I decided to pursue further fertility treatment which of course the public health system does not pay for. We have have to pay for it which is fine. I have noticed that the level of care in the private system is much higher, most likely due to the fact that clients are paying out of their own pocket. In the past two years we have never received this quality amount of care, as we have this past month at this private fertility clinic. Now please do not get me wrong I am grateful for our public health care system which makes medical treatment more affordable etc., however I wish that public health care professions would exhibit the same level and quality of care as the private health care professionals.
For Jeral and I the level of care and compassion was the drawing card to pursue further treatment. I was actually not wanting to go this route anymore as I am totally gung hoe and stoked to adopt. Yet the level of care, compassion, and genuine concern basically sold us to trying further treatment! I'd keep shelling out the money just to have nice nurses and doctors!!!!!!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I just find fertility dr.'s actually know what they are talking about too which helps a ton!

Tara said...

Welcome to America! Its all private there and it does show! praying for you!