Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, June 1, 2009

Just What I Needed

I recenlty had a conversation that left me feel a little vulnerable. Okay actually very vulnerable. During the course of the conversation I began to feel the need to defend myself all the details of the things she was struggling to believe and yet is now saying she is choosing to believe. Which in turn would have left me feeling even more vulnerable to a person who is not really trustworthy with my deepest hurts or my most treasured pearls.

However in my dersire to grow deeper with God I got home and took time for myself and spent time soaking in God's presence and God knew just what I needed. The following is a quote I read from a book last night. "You're the only one who decides who gets to hear your story. Only you can determine who will have the high honour of getting to know the real you." God knew I would need to hear those words. Just because someone is demanding details, or questioning in an attempt to get details to any aspect of our lives does not mean we have to give them the answers they want.

I am once again reminded that they way people respond actually has nothing to do with me. Instead others reactions have more to do with them and what is going on in their lives.

Anyways before I got to bed tonight I was reading 1 John 2 and this verse also spoke deeply to everything I have been processing and sorting out.

1 John 2:27

But you have received the Holy Spirit, the anointing," and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you all things, and what he teaches is true ? it is not a lie. So continue in what he has taught you, and continue to live in Christ. with God. God I love how God just knows!

No comments: