Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rambling

Just some ramblings today! This weekend Jeral set up our new entertainment unit, and our new leather ottoman that also functions as a coffee table. Love it, love it, love it! And the TV was delivered yesterday, as well as the new satellite dish got set up. So that meant we could watch Monday Night Football on the new TV. So fun! I will post pictures of how everything looks once the new chair comes in and we have it here.

Jeral is also finishing off the reno's to the new guest room upstairs. The room looks amazing and i am stoked for the finished product. I will also post before and after pictures once it is complete. With a baby on the way we decided to move Jeral's office out of the room next to our bedroom, so we can put the nursery in the room closest to ours. The reality is that for the first little while we will not need the nursery as the plan is to have the baby sleep in our room in a bassinet/play pen.

So I am an all or nothing kind of personality. Basically I am all in or I am out. If I am going to do something I go big or I go home. Actually back in my camp days whenever anyone would build the campfire instead of me, the comment would be made to them "Go big or go home!" Because I always went big. Well as much as that used to be fun to say, I am realizing that often this mentality holds me back. When I set out to do something it is all or nothing, and yet sometimes the reality is that there are many little steps along the way that I could accomplish, and see as achievements if I was able to get past the all or nothing mentality. Yet I often miss out on the accomplishments in between because I see it as a failure for me personally if I do not reach the ultimate goal right away, the first time. Jesus lovingly and gently pointed this out to me yesterday. I had been wanting to reach the big goal right now right away, and when I did not accomplish that I got ticked with myself. I was unable to see that actually what we had accomplished was pretty amazing, despite it not being my big all or nothing goal. If that makes sense. Anyways this is just my rambling for today. I have a lot of work and practice at being patient as I begin to choose to look at all the small steps that are pretty amazing in their own right! It will take time to change a mentality that has been so ingrained for 30 years. However it is worth it so I do not pass this on to my children!

No comments: