Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Week 14

Week 14 has been a good week pregnancy wise! I am definitely feeling better every day. Still tired and yet that is life, and I will glad take the rest when I can get it.

One thing is that I can no longer sleep on my back, or left side. Which were the two positions I generally slept in. When I do try to sleep that way my left leg goes numb on me. So now I am having to sleep on my right side which I am finding hard. In part because I like sleeping facing the door so then i have to be on my left side. With sleeping on my right side I am facing the window. Oh well as Joy said, "Leanne how else would you grow unless you were presented with these opportunities to grow, and learn you are able to sleep with your back to the door and still be safe!"

Today I have an appointment at the Diabetes Center. I am going to not have to keep a daily food journal anymore at this point. If my blood sugar levels go crazy then I will start keeping a food log, or if I keep loosing weight then I will keep a food log again to make sure I am taking in enough for me and baby. However right now sitting down and recording every meal and every snack is getting tiresome!

In other news - I got a phone call early this morning from my Aunt Cindy telling me that early this morning my grandpa passed away. Yesterday he was in town when he fell and broke his hip. He was taken to the hospital in Oliver for the night and then today he was supposed to go to Penticton for surgery, however at 4 am he passed away. The last time we saw him was at the end of July when I told him I was pregnant. I had hoped he would live long enough to meet his great grandchild. We knew eventually he would die because he has been fighting cancer for the past 15 years, however our hope was that he would hold on long enough to meet our little "Joy Bug" in person. When I told him I was pregnant he made me promise I would bring the baby down so he could hold him or her, and I promised I would. Also while we were visiting with them, my grandpa gave me my grandma's wedding rings. My Aunt Cindy has one of the wedding bands and I have the wedding set.

In all honesty I am tired of death. I know that death is a part of living here on the earth, and yet in the past 3 months we have had mourned the loss of three important people to us. Oh well I need to get ready to go to Vernon!

2 comments:

Tara said...

oh the sleep!!! I know that my hips killed me every night... and then it's so ironic that as soon as that baby comes it's ALL gone! But oh so worth it!
How's Jeral with the whole prego experience?

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sorry about grandpa. Thinking of you my friend.

Love you!