Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 16

So week 16 - We had another prenatal visit yesterday and we got to hear the babies heart beat again. I seriously do not think I will ever tire of hearing that amazing sound. Did you know that by 16 weeks gestation the baby can recognize the voices of mommy and daddy! For the past couple of days Jeral has spent time talking to my the baby. I must admit it is a little strange having Jeral talk to my tummy and yet I also love listening to his soft, gentle voice talk to our little Joy Bug.

I feel as though every day my amazing and glorious tummy is getting larger and larger. For once I have an excuse to have a large and glorious tummy. Not that I need and excuse to love my tummy, is is just nice having a baby in there. I also have other body parts getting larger! However for the possible male population I will refrain from naming those body parts!

As I was driving home for my bi-weekly trip to Abbotsford I felt convicted that I had reneged on my agreement with Jeral that after our 12 week visit if everything went well then we could spend some of the adoption money on some new furniture for the house and a new TV. So when I got home I told Jeral that if he still wanted to go a head and get some things that after the 16 check up then we could go and look at stuff and even purchase it. So that is what we did today. We bought and entertainment unit for the new TV. I absolutely love the entertainment unit and was stoked when we got it for $500 off if we took the floor model. We also got a leather ottoman that will double as coffee table with the flip over lids. This way our little Joy Bug will not crank or crack open his or her head on the coffee table. We also bought a lovely big comfy rocking recliner.

I will post pictures of the new purchases later!

No comments: