Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life as of Late




Wow, I have a 9 month old little girl who truly is amazing, and a 6 month old sweet little boy. Life seems to be flying by and then there are days that go by at a snail’s pace. However, every day is a day that I cherish. We just finished a weekend without Jeral. He went on a motor cycle trip with some of his friends, and well I went to stay with a friend as I am not brave enough to stay home alone with the babes. I realized just how much I rely on Jeral while he was gone, and how blessed I am that we have the life style we do. I love having Jeral home to help with the babes and the house work. Jeral also is leaving again on Thursday for a short one night motor cycle trip with his dad, his uncles, and aunt. So I am packing up and going to my mom’s for the night. Should be interesting!!!!!

Kenzie has learned how to crawl up the stairs so we have a gate up by the stairs. She is also fearless and would drive down head first if someone was not watching. Jaris loves the jolly jumper. Seriously he can jump in there for an hour at a time if he is in the mood, and we let him since he loves it so much!

We also found out that I miscarried recently. It was a bit of a shock that I was pregnant and it was early in the pregnancy. We had wanted to wait until both Kenzie and Jaris were a year before we decided about having more children or not. We also had wanted to make sure that all the tests in regards to Jaris was back and normal, because for obvious reasons if something had come back abnormal then we decided that would have closed the door to more biological children. Despite those tests coming back normal we were not planning on having a baby soon. Our two miracles are enough to keep me very busy right now, and I am not in the shape I want to be physically, or where I would like to be emotionally. The truth is my being pregnant had not really sunk in yet by the time I miscarried. We are really not sure how we feel about this; however we do know that for right now we are doing well. A year ago my response to something like this would have been very different, and who knows how I will feel a year from now when I look back on this. We are blessed to have the two miracles that we do have and we look forward to getting to spend time with them and enjoying all their milestones.

4 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Leanne, how did I not know about this. So sorry you lost your baby. How far along were you? Thinking of you. Hugs!

Caroline said...

Praying for you Leanne. Is there any way we can help you with your babes?

Renee said...

so sorry about your loss,
your babes are so beauiful, jaris is becoming quite the little looker, and kenzie looks like she is a hoot!!

Janelle said...

i am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.
even though it might feel less tramatic because of the miracles you hold in your arms...i know from experience that you will still process it at some point. and it will still hurt a ton. so i will be praying for you.
i love you and think of you all the time and just can't thank GOd enough for blessing you and continuing to be faithful to you as you keep trusting in His plan for you!!!!