Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Simply Innocent Question

Today as I was running some errands I stopped to buy a protective case for my cell phone and the man at the kiosk asked if my babies were twins, and I chose to tell him the we had the blessing of adopting our daughter, while I was pregnant with our son. His question to me was - "Do you love them the same?" The question kind of caught me off guard, simply because it would never occur to me to love my children with a different degree of love. His question was aksed out of curiousity. I love my both Kenzie and Jaris very much. If anything ever happened to either one of them, a huge part of my heart would be ripped out and missing. Biology really has nothing to do with ones ability to love, at least not for me. Love is a feeling yes, yet love is also a choice. Everyday I choose to love Kenzie, and I choose to love Jaris, and I choose to love their daddy Jeral. Are there days that I am so tired and not sure how i will function or make it through the next hour, yep and even on those days I choose to love my children, and my husband. The gift of being able to adopt our daughter has been one of the most amazing blessings in our lives, and if given the opportunity to adopt again I would (we would). Was it an easy journey? Nope ask anyone who walked with us as we went through the process I had some melt downs, and yet we got our beautiful daughter out of it. The ability to conceive and carry our son was also an amazing blessing. Was that easy? Nope! Yet we have our amazing little boy from that journey. Two different journey's = two very loved children! There is my mommy rant for the day!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow! Who asks that? And you of all people are someone who really does love both her kids the same. You are such a proud mom of your babies. In a good way that is. Love you. Hugs.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am gone this weekend but let's chat next week k?