Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I have never been a fan of the typical church photo. There is always a bland wall background, however some friends of ours are going to visit someone Jeral knows and they wanted a family picture to show Jeral's friends so the stereo typical church directory photo was taken! Since the kids are growing up so fast I decided to post the most updated family photo we have. However I think a professional one is in order soon! Kate you will be getting a phone call soon!!!!!


I love the look on her face right here. It is as if she has just heard something and is utterly shocked by what was said. Hmmm, this was also taken at church, maybe she was shocked by the sermon!!!!! ;)



We took the kids to the park a week or so ago and Jaris was not to happy about being in the swing. Poor baby boy was also very tired after a great physio session!



This one is for Auntie Jocelyn. She found this cute out fit and got baby Maddy one and Kenzie one so they match! I sure have a very adorable and well dressed little girl!




Jaris eating his lunch yesterday! He sure is one very excited little boy when it comes to food! He is such a great little eater.



So life lately what can I say we are still in the midst of figuring out how to handle all the melt downs that seem to be going on. Kenzie sure is not a fan of mommy taking Jaris anywhere without her. However if she would have realized that yesterday was for shots shoe would have been very happy not to be there!



Last night was the first time that Jaris decided to use the walking toy that we have. Normally he has not shown interest in doing anything other than furniture walking, however yesterday he tried 3 times to walk all on his own. He even got a step or two in before his legs buckled and he plopped to the ground. I love watching him accomplish his milestones. He has also finally figured out what to do when mommy asks for a kiss. The kisses are still big and slobbery, yet it is so fun to watch him connect phrases mommy and daddy say with actions on his part.



Lately our church body has been working through the events that have occurred in the past. In particular a letter of apology has been written and given the the pastors of this community and also former pastors/staff members. The letter is one of repentance for the past sins of the church and one expressing sorrow for the hurt caused. This past Sunday as our pastor was sharing how he recently got to share the letter with the 2 pastors who were on staff during the split 6 years ago, and well I had to get up and go to the nursery where my children were with their dad, because I was starting to cry. There were 3 of us on staff at the time, and I was there too. I got hurt just as much as the guys. Here is the thing. If I would have been a man and not have been hired it would have been because I was not qualified enough, or because I was not the right fit. The plain and ugly truth is it is because I was born a woman. The very way I was put together by my Maker, my God, my Heavenly Father was not good enough. The harsh reality is that who I was as a daughter of God was attacked, and not by God it was attacked by those I was friends with. The reality is at the time I never asked to be called a pastor. I just wanted to share the amazing love Jesus has for ALL of us with kids in our church and our community. I once was a woman whose eyes lit up when I got to talk about the kids and youth I got to spend time hanging out with and it was my job. How great is it to get paid to do what you once loved?! While those left at our church were not the ones who I felt hurt by it does hurt now to be the forgotten one.



Alas that is my issue, one I choose to give the ball of yarn to Jesus for and then let go of the end I could walk away with. Maybe all I needed to do to for my self here was to acknowledge that I got hurt, and that there are still days where it hurts. Not as much for me anymore, more for my daughter who I never want her to grow up feeling the way I have that the way she was created by God is not good enough for others. That some how God made a mistake in gifting her with abilities that only men are allowed to use in church settings. So Kenzie if you ever read this when you are older please know that you are created by God as a beautiful little girl who will one day be amazing woman. And as a little girl who will one day be a grown woman you are good enough! There may be others who try to tell you in all sorts round about ways that you are not and that God would never allow you to do certain things as a woman. Instead of listening to them listen to your heart, and the voice of God telling you He loves you, his daughter. He created you and you are GOOD ENOUGH!!!!! I love you baby girl! And at the same time Jaris my son, you too are created equally as amazing by God, and you too are GOOD ENOUGH! I love you baby boy!




1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

You are a gifted woman and I love you lots! :0)

Your kids are cute. Great family photo.