Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, April 15, 2011

Swimming With the Kids! No pictures!

Jaris had some routine blood work done today,just to ensure his iron levels are where they need to be. Since Jaris was on a low iron formula for the last 9 months or so the dr.'s just wanted to make sure that his iron levels are good. I was not looking forward to having to get this done as the last time this was checked I had to hold Jaris while they dug around in his arm and it completely wrecked me. Luckily today I ran in to a nurse who our family knows and she offered to hold Jaris for me so I was not the one having to hold him down. Thank you Doreen Wedel! So this is the scene. Doreen is holding Jaris on her lap, and another friend who is a lab tech is holding his arm, and the other lab tech took the blood, and they sent me out of the room. I was close by so when the deed was done I could swoop in and snuggle with Jaris. Luckily we were going swimming as a family after to distract him! Now I say luckily for the kids and Jeral, they all look fantastic in their swimming suits. me on the other hand. Oiy! While I have lost 13 of the 50 lbs I gained after having Jaris, I still struggle with how I look at the weight I am at. Actually I don't think I have ever not struggled to some degree even after I had lost 70 lbs. Then though 70 lbs was a lot to be proud of so it was not as in the fore front, and we were still trying to grow our family. The whole adoption and fertility journey was in the fore front back then. Despite my struggle with how I feel about my self weighing as much as I do, I will go swimming with my kids and husband because the joy on Jaris' face as he screeches with delight in the water is so worth it. The way Kenzie splashes while holding on for dear life to me and then by the end of our time there to see her let go and walk away from mommy just a bit is so worth my feeling a little (okay a lot) uncomfortable. A week or so ago I wrote on my facebook status something along these lines. "It is a strange phenomenon how when you love someone you will do something you thought you would never do for them." That comment was in reference to something else that was going on that week, however it applies to how I feel about putting on a bathing suit in public also. I may hate it yet for my kids I will do it. Now pictures of the grand event once a week that is another story. That will not happen until all this weight is gone and then some!!!!!!! Well that is my tidbit for today. I love how bath time give me time to multi-task. I can watch them and sit here with my laptop and blog!

2 comments:

Chris is a geek said...

Congratulations for losing 13 pounds!
Yeah!

Good for you for going swimming with your kids :0) That is an incredible sacrifice!

Love the pictures for the last few posts. Your babies are beautiful!

Caroline said...

Chris is a geek is me ;0)