Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Temper Tantrums, and Life

Some days I find it hard to believe that this peacefully sleeping little girl is also capable of rather long and loud temper tantrums. Yet she is! And on those days I pray for calmness in our house instead of patience because we all know that if we pray for patience things tend to come our way to teach us patience and I want calm serenity instead!!!!!! Yeah I know with two 1 year olds that may be asking for a lot, oh well I am still wanting that!


So we have hit that stage of life - Temper Tantrums!!!!!! Kenzie knows what she wants and when she wants it nothing will stop her from getting it except maybe mommy!!! And when I prevent her from getting the object she is set on or do not do what she wants the crying, throwing herself on the floor, kicking, screaming, stomping all starts! I will be honest here I was hoping I was going to be one of those amazing parents who parented so well that we would not have kids who threw temper tantrums. Alas I am like almost every other normal parent out there, and temper tantrums are a part of the developmental stage my babes are in. We have noticed that on days i have to take Jaris to an appointment Kenzie has more tantrums. And if she wakes up and mommy is gone she walks around the house calling me, and once I get home I pay the price for not taking her with me. I feel so loved that she wants me and only me at times, and yet I also wonder if some of what is going on is how Kenzie is working out for now some of her attachment wounding? Jeral can be gone and it does not phase her the same way. This too shall pass and in the mean time I am doing my best to breathe, through the screaming and hold my little girl close! Jaris had his one year developmental assessment yesterday and he did great. He has come such a far way in such a short time! While we still have some things to work on in strengthening his legs some more, and working on his speech. However that will come. He has a very vocal sister! In the area of problem solving his abilities are beyond that of his age group. So needless to say knowing that helps us to feel a lot better! Jaris likes to focus on one task before moving to the next task. He likes to know that he has it down pat, knows it inside and out before moving on. While we will still see physio from time to time the developmental part of the program is discharging us. Yeah!!!!! And they may have found a type of shoe that will fit Jaris! We are hoping to go try them on tomorrow! His feet are not only wide they are very thick and trying to get good supportive shoes or boots for him is impossible. So roobis, crocks, and sandals it is for now and even then the crocks have to be a size to big for his feet to fit. Well I wanna get back to playing with the kids. So blessings and hope that life is grand for all of you who read this blog!

1 comment:

Renee said...

glad its not only my little girl who throws fits like that;) but i agree, when you watch them asleep i can't help but think they are perfect!!!!