Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, September 22, 2007

God Knows

I have spent some time thinking about the fact that God knows and God see, and God can and does use the pain in our lives to bring comfort to others. The reason for this is, I have been thinking about my best friend Marie and the journey she and her husband are on with their son Josiah.

Here is a little info on the journey they are on. Marie gave birth to Josiah 5 weeks early and he was born with a rare condition called Pallister Hall Syndrome. Besides that there are other medical conditions that have kept Josiah at BC Children's Hospital since the day he was born. He has been there for over 7 months now, and so has his amazing mom. Marie is actually one of the strongest women I know. She hates it when someone calls her strong, and yet in her vulnerablity and weakness with those she trust she shows the greatest strength ever. I cannot imagine the private hell on earth they are going through with the circumstances going on right now. And I am fortunate that I get to be there as her friend.

God knew I would be in counselling at this point in my life, and He knew I would choose to go to Abbotsford to see a very gifted and amazing woman as my cousellor(honestly she is a huge gift in my life). And God knew that as I worked on healing the pain and garbage in my life that I would get to be there for my best friend every other week as she hurts and is confused and hurting. To get to be there with Marie and to hurt with her and to cry with her is an amazing gift. And that gift is also helping me to be able to say that if it meant I would get to be there for Marie all the pain and hurt and crap in my life was worth it. I would never change a thing, because now God is allowing to very "WEAK" and yet strong women be there to support eachother and love each other. I can honestly say that if erasing and rewriting my life so the hurt and pain was not there, would mean that I would not get to be with my Marie, Andrew, and Josiah at this time in life I would not do it. I would rather have all the yuck which I know my Heavenly DADA can heal, so that I can be there for Marie.

So enough of today's rambling. I have a floor to finish mopping! I just bought some stuff to clean our hardwood floor with and I am actually excited to use it!

Blessings, on you day!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

God does know and see. I need to believe that with my Grandpa's and Trev's Dad's health issues.
Love ya!

shashank said...

Here is a link to more information about the genetics of Pallister Hall Syndrome that was prepared by our genetic counselor and which has links to some useful resources for those dealing with this condition: http://www.accessdna.com/condition/Pallister_Hall_Syndrome/286. There is also a phone number listed if you need to speak to a genetic counselor by phone. I hope it helps. Thanks, AccessDNA