Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, September 10, 2007

In Shock

I am sitting at the computer in a little bit of shock today. I was not prepared to feel the emotions that I am feeling right now. My mom just called me to let me know that my cousin Mike was in a car accident early this morning and he is dead. All I can think about right now is his wife my cousin Colleen and his two children Justin and Kara. A little over a year ago he left is wife and kids, so in essence Justin and Kara lost their dad then, and yet now they have lost their dad forever.

I know that right now I am still dealing with my grief over my dad's death just before my wedding. My heart aches because Kara and Justin will never get to see their dad again. They will never get to ask their dad why he left? They will never get to crawl up into their earthly fathers lap and just snuggle in for a good cuddle. And my heart aches for them, and if I am honest my heart aches for me too. I know that our Heavenly DADA is bigger than all of this and that He is the one that now Justin and Kara will snuggle with. I am sorry if this blog makes absolutely no sense. I guess death in the way Mike died doesn't make sense. I am still struggling to make sense of things myself.

I think this is all I can say for now. So in the lack of knowing what to say and in the lack or certainty I will pray that DADA God you will hold Colleen, Justin, and Kara. That in the unrealness of loosing a husband, and father you DADA will be the husband and father that they need!

No comments: