Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Monday, September 24, 2007

A Legacy of Love

Wow so yesterday was a goodbye to Will and Doris Born at the camp I used to work at. Will, Doris and their 4 children lived and worked there for 14 years. Talk about a long time, and so yesterday a lot of people gathered at the camp to remember and give tribute to Will and Doris for all the years of love and dedication they put into the camp.

The whole theme was "Leaving a Legacy"! A legacy of love, commitment, integrity, dedication, and sacrifice. The Born family is an amazing family. I was one of the lucky chosen few who got to give a public tribute to Will and Doris, and that was a huge blessing for me. Often we wait until people have died to pay them tribute and tell others how much we appreciated them etc. Why is it that we wait until we can no longer tell someone face to face what they mean to us? Is it because we are afriad to get emotional or choked up in public? For me to get to tell and reinforce what others had said already about Will and Doris was a blessing and yes I got choked up a bit, and a little emotional because I love the Born family and the legacy that they have passed onto every person who has been a member of staff at Gardom Lake Bible Camp. I was one of the fortunate few who had that legacy passed on to them.

And now the Borns are embarking on another adventure to continue to pass that legacy on through mentoring marriages. Talk about a great place to pass on a legacy of love, intergirty, commitment, dedication and sacrifice. My life and my marriage are richer because of this family.

No comments: