Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, November 14, 2008

My Father's Voice

I have been thinking lately about how much I make God my Heavenly Father to be like my earthly father. I used to hear the angry voice my father would speak with when I would listen to Jesus. Even when I would read my Bible and I would imagine what God's voice must be like I would only ever be able to hear the harsh and furious voice my dad would often speak with.

In the past two years I have come to realize that my true Father's voice is gentle and loving. My true fathers voice is one that is firm when He needs it to be, and at times there may be a reprimand, however even in the firm reprimands there is always love in His voice. In the past when I heard harsh angry words it was that I was placing my earthly Father's voice on the voice of God. My Heavenly Father, is never changing He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. It was me who put on Him what He was not.

My true Fathers Voice is one that I know I can hear, even if others doubt it and question it, my faith in His promise that His sheep know Him and know His voice is unwavering, and for that I am thankful!

No comments: