Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Friday, November 27, 2009

Adoption Update

Well I thought I would not be posting any more updates about our journey to Adopt because we thought that door was closed and locked, when really the door was only closed so it could be opened when the time was right! And guess what the time is right!

Here is the story of our journey. To date since we have started the journey to be parents we have had now 3 little ones we came close to adopting into our family, however each time the door got closed. Each time my heart broke, so we deactivated our file. After all I was in my second trimester and we thought that is what we had to do.

About a 5 weeks ago we got an email in regards to a little baby girl born in February of 2009 who was being placed for a private adoption. At first we thought that we would not considered for her so we did not give it a second thought. However after talking with Jeral's sister we realized that because she and the little one growing inside of me were born in different calendar years, we could possibly be picked to adopt her. So we added our profile to the other profiles she was looking at.

So when I got a phone call a week ago from the Agency we are with I thought it was about the February baby. The news was that the birth family was still deciding, and as of now it looked like we were to top pick. They were just concerned about how far away we lived. As I was about to say something about that, the social worker continued to tell me about another Birth Mom (one we had no clue was even looking at us), who had picked us and wanted to meet with us the following week. I almost fell over when she said that. Then I had to sit down when she said that this birth mom is due December 14th, 2009. AHHHHHHHH that is just over three weeks at that time, now just over 2 weeks.

When I got home Jeral and I talked about the pros and cons, and well in the end the conversation shifted from do we really want to do this - two little ones 4 months apart - to well what name will we use if this little one is a boy? How will the family Christmas with my extended family look since we are hosting it? We realized that without actually saying yes our conversation had shifted to a yes. We were already dreaming about bringing this little one home to be our child.

The next morning I called the Agency and they got me the contact numbers the Social worker working with the Birth mom and we agreed to meet the Birth Mom this past Thursday (yesterday). We met an amazingly strong and courageous woman, and we feel so blessed to have gotten to meet with her and to know her life story a little bit more.

Before the meeting I was so nervous. I asked Jeral in a 15 minute time frame what times is it 10 times. Yeah I just wanted to be on time and make a good impression. Jesus was with us regardless of how the meeting went, yet let me tell you it was amazing.

We have been invited to be at the birth if we can make it there in time. The Social worker will call us as soon as the Birth Mom goes into labor and we will jump in the car and drive the hour and a half to get there. Actually today the Social Worker called us just to let us know that after meeting us the Birth Mom has decided all the more that we are the only family she wants for her little one, and she is super excited about the fact that her little one will have a sibling right away.

Good thing we decided to set our room up with the bassinet by my side of the bed, and a nice big comfy rocking chair in the corner, so we are ready for this little one to come home, and for night time feeds. Jeral is busy painting the nursery, however we will not need it for a while. Both our children will sleep in our room until we feel it is time to go to the nursery!

So there you have it, we will have two little ones soon and very soon. One in our arms, and one in my tummy! If some one would have told me a year ago this was going to be how life would be in a year I would have laughed the way Sarah laughed when God told Abraham Sarah was going to have a child. I am not laughing now, instead I am smiling and crying huge tears of JOY.

11 comments:

Jen Ryder said...

Wow! That is such great news! :) So happy for you! :)

Shawn and Susan said...

Whoa!!!!
Wow congrats, and I thought I was a busy mom.... I think you will get the award!!!! Take Care.

Kelsie-Lynn said...

WOW WOW WOW! That is incredible and you are amazing. God is good. Hopefully you will have tons of help as you go through these transitions so close together.

Mandi Bartel said...

that's insanely aweseome! Wow! I'm excited for you both! My niece was adopted a year ago Christmas and we all love her to death. She's the piece of our family that was missing all along.:)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Again I am right pumped for you and can't wait to meet the two little miracles. I so wish I wasn't 4 hours away and that I was closer so I could come help. Love you lots

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness Leanne! I got tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my arms when I read this! I am so so SO excited for you! That is coming up QUICK!! What a great Christmas present and I'm sure all your extended family will love sharing the house with your newest family member. :):):)
Ashlea

Jen Glen said...

Wow, Leanne. Instead of the pat advice, "just adopt, you'll get pregnant right away", you turned it around, "just get pregnant, you'll adopt right away"! :)
That was tongue-in-cheek of course. I am amazed at what God is doing in your life. Your arms truly will be overflowing soon. I'll be praying for you when I think of you.

Anonymous said...

oh leannne!!!!! that is so amazing! you are going to bbe one busy mom, but you will be so great at it! we will have to have some play-dates as our babies will be so close in age!!! your baby is due exactly one month before ours!
now its definetly not too early to be getting all the stuff you need to being a new baby home, (lots of teeny diapers cause they poo like crazy for the first while, and lots of receiving blankets cause they spit up a lot too! i am very excited for you both!!
Love Renee

Crystal said...

Congratulations!!! Your gonna be a momma to TWINS (or what will feel VERY much like twins!!) That is so AMAZING!! Very happy for you! You can definatly handle it! It will be so wonderful too... cause in my experience kids that close together will be wonderful playmates... making your job EASIER as they get older. Harder in the beginning - but so much FUN! MSG me anytime on facbook - like i said - it's gonna be fun!!

Daphne said...

Leanne - I am so happy for you and wanted you to know that the goodness and faithfulness of God in your journey brings such encouragement to me. How amazing what He can do!

Daphne said...

Leanne - I am so happy for you and wanted you to know that the goodness and faithfulness of God in your journey brings such encouragement to me. How amazing what He can do!