Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Saying Good Bye

I always knew this day would come, and there was a time that I wanted it to come quickly. I remember being a newly wed and sitting in office/room with her and saying "I have been seeing you now for 10 freaking months it is time for me to be done." Well now just over three years have passed and I have made my last official bi-weekly trip to Abbotsford.

The night before I drove down Jesus prepared me for this, however I really did not want to believe that I would stop making trips a whole month before I had planned too! However I know that Jesus knows what is best and if that is how Jesus was leading me he confirmed it with what Joy said to me.

My life has been blessed by her, and apparently this was not a goodbye we are never seeing each other again since they have made it clear they are coming to meet our amazing little miracle once he is born. Blessed once again by that! I think know that she will not completely disappear out of my life all together will help my heart in transitioning from seeing her ever other week to occasionally. How do you say goodbye to someone who has help to shape and mold the person you have become, and who has positively influenced your relationship with God? Good thing I had my lap top with me so I could read to her the goodbye letter I prepared 2 months ago when we thought we were going to adopt a little boy! And I am proud to say I cried while reading the whole thing.

So now I am off to a 3 and a half day Silent Retreat! I know that Jesus and I have a lot to talk about, and maybe I will get to catch up on some sleep while I am there too!

2 comments:

Jen Glen said...

Hmmm...I would like details on that Silent Retreat. Are you going by yourself? Where do you go? I've been thinking about doing something like that myself and would love to hear how you make it happen.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am so glad you have Joy in your life.