Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BOY oh BOY! Week 19

So it is official we are having a boy!!!!!!! My 19 week ultrasound was today and let me tell you having to drink that much water and not get to pee is not what I call fun, however it was so worth it to see our little prince! The last time we saw him was at 7 weeks and he looked more like a seahorse. This time he looked like a little boy with a face, arms, legs, and of course a penis!

During the ultra sound he gave the technician a run for her money because he would not stop moving around! He did flips, and jumping jacks, and just plain old squirmed around!!!!!!! I think we have a future basketball player on our hands!

We are so stoked to be having a little boy, and we don't even need to buy many clothes for him because my sister is giving me all the clothes that my little nephew has out grown. So sweet! Of course though if I see something adorable I will go and buy it, because that is me. We did buy him so very cute little shoes today and a cute little stuffed turtle!

So sometime in early April Jaris Zachery Krahn will be born and we are over the moon with joy and anticipation. That is all for now!

6 comments:

Shawn and Susan said...

Congrats! We love boys! They are so fun.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Sounds like he'll have energy like my kiddo. Glad you have lots of room in your house for him to run around in! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

It must be so fun to know you have a baby boy inside you! Now you can stop saying "the" baby, and "it" (which always felt a bit weird for me since we didn't find out what we were having.) So Cool!!! How'd you choose his name? I always like hearing the name picking process.
Ashlea

Tara said...

OH MY GOSH!! I ABOUT POOPED MY PANTS WHEN I OPENED YOUR BLOG... CONGRATS!!!!!!!! YAY FOR BOYS, THEY ARE SUPER FUN:)
AND NAME CHOICE IS GREAT, NOW I KNOW WHAT TO SHOP FOR AS WELL...OH SO FUN!!! Glad you could see his weiner... hee hee

Unknown said...

We can hardly wait for Jaris' arrival! So much fun.

Also I loved your story about the dimetap. We kept asking Eliana who drank the medicine and the story changed every time...lol
And yes, my kids do get into everything!! It is starting to give me a complex....I thought I had a baby proof home but I think I need to upgrade to a kid proof home!!!

Monika said...

Red
I am so happy for you. Just been following your blog. We have just gone through a 2 year international adoption wait, to see it close...so we are now at point zero again, praying and looking for some guidance. Question for you: Do you have any idea how long/short people wait in a domestic infant adoption
just wondering what the extremes are.
moni