Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, November 21, 2009

And a Second Time

Tonight I slipped away from the Silent Retreat that I have been attending, so have one last regular coffee date with my best friend. For the past three and a bit years we have been blessed to see each other every other week. Together we have walked through some very dark and hard times. I have spent time wondering about God's timing, and why the journey down to Abbotsford has to stop now. I know why and that is I am going to have children and driving pregnant on bad roads is not wise. Okay driving on bad roads is not wise period!

Tonight was an evening of crying about the fact that we will miss each other. It is not a good bye in that we have the phone and we will see each other from time to time. It is just not the same. Going from ever other week , to maybe every other month or two. She has walked with me as I have journeyed into the dark and hard places I needed to bring light to in order to heal, and I got the blessing of being a part of her life and the life of her little amazing boy - Josiah. Tonight she blessed me by giving me one of Josiah's first and favorite toys. I remember him and I playing with it at the hospital many times I came to visit. I know Jaris will love playing with it. She also gave me a blanket, and miracle blanket, because just as her son was a miracle - the son I carry is my miracle child!

I wish good byes were not so hard, even if they are not a permanent good bye! Two big good byes in a few days. Oiy! So not fair, and so not fun. Yet the I also know the two amazing journey companions I have said good bye to are not out of my life permanently. Our walking together will just look different, and I will through the tears say thank you to Jesus for the blessing of the amazing times we have had together so far!

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Great post and glad you were able to see her. Hope your retreat was really good for you.

Love you