Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Free Hugs

So two posts in one day! I am on a roll!!!!!!! So I had to make a quick trip to the local grocery store today to grab a few things for supper tonight, and I was wearing a t-shirt I bought a few weeks ago. the t-shirt says "FREE HUGS". I wasn't even thinking about the shirt when the cashier asked me if I was really giving free hugs. What does one say to that? I went on to tell the cashier and the lady in front of me about some of the research done and how necessary hugs are for people to not only to survive, instead to thrive.

Needless to say as I was finishing up paying, I asked the cashier if she was serious about me giving her a hug and she said yes. So I hugged a complete stranger (well I guess not a total stranger, I see her often enough at the grocery store).

So I am thinking about doing a little experiment. I will wear the shirt out in public on various occasions to see what kind of reaction I get, and to see how many hugs I get the honor of giving away, and as I hug each person I will pray for them. I'll let you know how the experiment goes in a few weeks.

No comments: