Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Little Weird

So today was a little weird, a good weird I guess. I was out on the ride on lawn mower cutting our 2 acres of grass, and singing at the top of my lungs, when I saw I someone walking over from my sister-in-laws house to my house. It was my counsellor, whom I travel to Abbotsford to see. Talk about a little strange. I don't think any one who goes into counselling thinks that their counsellor will show up at their house one day and want a tour of the house.

I was in my farm working grubs, hair tied back, my jeans had holes and basically I looked like a farm wife. Normally when I see Joy my make up is on, my hair is nicely curled, you know I am putting my best foot forward. Then she wanted to see my house, and my house isn't dirty or messy, it just was not the way I would have wanted it for Joy to come into it. And yet I think that it was good, basically Joy saw me as I am, not putting my best foot forward.

It was a little strange sitting and visiting with her later in the afternoon and just chatting with Joy and Jodi, and yet it was nice. Yeah all in all strange and yet really good. I am actually looking forward to my sessions this coming week, and with that being said I need to go do some homework that I need to do before then.

No comments: