Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lost Keys

So rather funny and yet not. My grandma decided that she really wanted someone to come back and spend time with her, so she "misplaced" her keys (she hid them so well she couldn't even remember where she put them). She was telling the whole family that I must have taken them home with me. I was prepared to drive back there today just to fine them and find them, however my aunt went to the home and found them hidden behind the corn flakes in a cupboards. So rather entertaining.

After they found the keys she called me to tell me that she had found them where I had placed them. Oh my goodness, was all I could think, and to be honest even though my grandma is older and at times we need to excuse old people and the things they say. That little comment from her brought back so rather bad memories of when she took care of my sister and I for a bit. Those 5 months were the hardest five months of my teen aged years. I went from not having a curfew to a curfew of 8pm. I was a reminder of my father to her whom she hates so I was always wrong, and oh my goodness the things (lies) she told the rest of the family about me. All those memories came flooding back. And I know at this stage grandma's life bringing it up with her is not worth it. I need to let it go, and breathe through it when my anxieties when they go sky high with her. This is all stuff that i am working towards in counselling.

Enough venting for one night. It is late and time to go to bed.

2 comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

Leanne, I love you SO much! you know, god has put you on my heart every single day since you wrote me on facebook and i have prayed for you everyday since. I pray for you to have peace and honestly i pray you will get pregnant, but that's up to god not me i know! so i really love you and know htat every day i do pray for you, thanks for being so honest in your blogging!