Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Moving Grandma

Today was we went to Kelowna to help move my grandma into a care home. It was hard day on all involved. My uncles and aunts were great and it was nice to see most of them together to help grandma pack up and move.



My grandmother is 87 and has been blind for the last 18 years, so as age set in and arthritis crippled her it was time that she move from her condo to a care home. She has a really nice sweet. And now she will be taken care, and God went before us to clear the path. She got into the best care home in Kelowna, and financially she will be okay if her condo does not sell because her pension covers the cost of being their. Seeing grandma, and my mom cry was difficult. My mom said for her the hard part was realizing that one day it would be her that we moved into a care home. I cracked a joke that if grandma lived long enough we could move mom into the same care home. That joke did not go over so well. Such is life. I thought it was funny.



For me I was reminded today that age is inevitable. I may not like it and yet I am aging. No way around it. I am aging. Watching both sets of grandparents age is difficult. The women who once walked tall and proud are now weak and frail. They need us to care for them, and to help them. Anyways if you think of my grandma pray for her. This change is hard. I cannot imagine how tough tonight for her has been. The first night in her new home.



Well I have ramble on now for a while so I shall go. Have a good night everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that will be a big transition for your grandma, good thing she has such a caring family!! what care home is she in?
Renee