Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story.

Larry Crabb

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stuff

So nothing much is happening around here. I hope that you all had a great Thanks Giving.

We ate and then ate some more. On the Saturday my mom made a huge dinner at her place, which included making three pies. And people wonder where I get my knack for making too much. Actually I have become one of those people who always makes extra at every meal just in case someone shows up. That way there is always food ready for a friend!

Then on Monday we had dinner with Jeral's brother's family, and another family that we are friends with. And once again there was a ton of food, and it was sooooooooooo good.

A little side note - Honestly I think that we need to eat more as friends and family. There is nothing like food to bring people together.

So here are a few things that I am thankful for.

1) Having Jesus in my life
2) My amazing husband - who I love more and more ever day
3) Family - even the ones that drive me crazy
4) Good friends - friends are the family you choose and I have a great chosen family!
5) For the blessing of not having to work - it has only taken me just over a year to finally get the lesson and the need for me to just rest and not be so busy!
6) A good cup of coffee on the mornings that I am up way to early.
7) My lovely home and farm
8)All my nieces and nephews (this includes all the ones we have adopted along the way -we love you all)!
9) Chloe and Sophia Bartel - you two sweet little girls have made the journey towards being parents easier on Uncle Jeral and I by blessing us with being in our lives! We love you girls!
10) The ability to learn and grow and change.

Well I believe that I will stop my list there for today. I have much to be thankful for, and I need to remember that in the midst of wanting one thing so badly it is easy to get caught up in that one thing, and forget about all the other good stuff that Jesus has showered down upon us!

Hope you are all well. Blessings!

Leanne

Ps- with going private I have also changed the look of my blog. I think I look good in pink!!!!!! Plus I was having some issues with the appearance of the other blog so changing things up is good. Also what else is a girl to do at 4:30 am when she is wide awake?!?!?!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I'm liking your new "look" friend!! Love you lots!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

The blog looks good and I like the quote at top.